Spring is a beautiful time. Everyone is smiling, we come to closer to mangoes being in season, the thought of calling up sick to a crappy weekend job just so you can lie outside comes creeping up, and- the best part- road trips.

Last week Liana, Kristen and I fled to a beach out of the city, listening to Sticky Fingers and Cat Empire. And with our dreams of one day being able to ride a surfboard properly growing, and our love for seaside bakeries being filled, we arrived. Capturing good vibes on film is one of my absolute favourite things to do, knowing that you're taking that shot to capture the moment, and that you won't know how it's going to turn out.
All these things just scream 'fun with a hint of possible sunburn and disaster'- but in the best way.


'The ocean and sunshine in Spring make me feel happy and free, make me want to go outside and do something amazing and exercise and think of all the good things in my life. Road trips are so much fun and make you feel free and let you escape for a little while'. - Liana.


'Road tripping makes you feel like nothing really matters, like you can leave everything behind- work and uni and stress and all the things that get you down. It's amazing because usually driving somewhere is really painful and boring and you just want to hurry up and get to where you need to be, but when you've got nowhere to be and you're just driving until you find somewhere worthy of stopping, you can enjoy the drive and the people that you're with. The journey itself is one of the best parts. Spring makes me happy, like I'll wake up in the morning and the sun will be shining and I'll think of everything I did in the warmer months last year and get excited for the warmer months to come. Spring makes me crave smoothies and picnics and the beach and it makes me feel motivated to learn and grow and try new things. I never wake up in a bad mood when the sun is shining. The ocean is my favourite place to be, it makes me feel calm and I can dream of big things and places and people. If I ever get super stressed out or am having a crummy day that's where I'll go, we're so lucky to live so close!' - Kristen.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

love: by an artist/aries

vomit on the side of the road.